Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Random Words - I

I have promised to write something today. Why? .. because I want to get back to the track of writing. I have turned into such a lazy bum that even if I have the time to write something, I pull back. I am always procrastinating wondering what to write, when I find many things to write about then which one to write about, how much time can I really spend for this .. bla bla bla. Habit is a very important thing. And you need to actually nurture your hobbies and expertise. I realized how my writing ability has faded out when I was going through some old issues of some "not very known" magazines. I used to write for them when I was doing my BBA. My eyes almost popped out as I kept reading my own writing because I could bet that I cannot write anything of that quality and with that strong vocubulary now. I have just lost it!! Thats the problem with lack of practice.
Well, I actually have pretty good excuses now for not being able to blog frequently. The new unit where I have switched have actually loaded me with enough work to be bogged down for the 9 hours I stay at office. To add more to that, I still have to carry out the responsibilities of my old unit since they have not yet found a replacement. So I am actually doing the job of two officers - unfortunately being paid for only one! This still could have been less stressing if I could have extended my office hours. Unfortunately my classes of MBA start at 6 pm for which I have to leave office no late than 5:15 because reaching IBA from Gulshan is quite something through the traffic jam and some "famous" signals like the one near Sonargaon and Bangla Motor.
After the office and the classes, when I get back home I literally have difficulties finding an iota of energy to even dine. Even now I am fighting hard with my sleepy eyes to concentrate and continue. Even a year back, 12:01 am was just the beginning of the night for me. Often I went to sleep after the fazr, at 4 am or even at a later hour. Now I wake up sharp at 6:30 am and wake Maruf up also. I even have started bathing early in the morning, which apparently I never did before in my 24 years life, since last week. How people change! The good thing is I am completely comfortable with my new life style and also pretty satisfied. I reminisce about my old days but have no sighs for not having a life like that now. It is because I believe, as a whole, I have a hundred times better life now. There is a beauty in a disciplined life. Really there is.
Today I finished something big at office which I had been trying to work out for some two weeks. My departmental boss and I had been trying hard to convince our Unit Head about the project but he constantly kept challenging. At first, I was a little pissed off with this Hungarian guy. However, finally, I realized what I finally came up with is much.. much.. much better than what I had come up with earlier. We all agreed on the last one and I realized the beauty of challenges and fine-tuning. And I also realized another thing .. why this tall Hungarian guy is the boss!
Office has finally become very hectic. The most crucial moments at office for me is the lunch time and the departure time. Maruf and I both look forward for lunch and also for leaving for IBA together. We are having the same three courses this semester. For last few days, I am having problem with timing and almost missed lunch everyday. One day he had to leave alone and we so hated it. I do not also feel good making him wait downstairs for me without knowing whether I can actually go and even if I can - when. We both are very disappointed with these because we work in different floors and even after office we actually get no time for ourselves as we have to attend classes.
Tomorrow is another big day. I will go to sleep now hoping everything will go smooth tomorow and can meet him on time. *keeping my fingers crossed*

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beauty in disciplined life? Allare! bhoi paisi :-s shotti! discipline jinishta konobhabei pochhoondo korte pari na :( apni atokichhu ekshathe handle koren kibhabe :O chiintai korte pari na... 9 hour kaj korle to amake khujeo pawa jabe na :P .... tar upor abar porashona ... versity shuru hole amar je ki hobe tai bhabi :-s

jai hok... goodluck with everything :)

Thursday, May 03, 2007  
Blogger Rikhi said...

lol. ek shomoy amio bhoi paitam. :D
once u start doing it .. u get used to! obossho ami oti matrai positive .. jekono jinisheri khali positive jinish khuje bar kori .. makes life easier. :)

good luck to u too! :)

Friday, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't think your writing qualities have changed. I'm still enjoying like I used to do.
And don't keep him waiting :P

Friday, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Rikhi said...

thanks shafi! :)

lol. i really dont want to .. but still cant avoid. i try everyday to make sure i am on time .. but my poor fate! :(

Friday, May 04, 2007  
Anonymous Trees Planet said...

You are wonderful writer. But not regular. Why? You should keep it up.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013  
Anonymous gazipur news said...

good post, like it

গাজীপুর নিউজ - Gazipur News - মুহূর্তেই গাজীপুর জেলার সকল খবর - Gazipur24, Kapasia, Tongi, Sreepur, Kaliganj, Kaliakior - গাজীপুর সদর, কাপাসিয়া উপজেলা, টঙ্গী, শ্রীপুর, কালিগঞ্জ, কালিয়াকৈরের খবর

Saturday, January 18, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home